Fathom is transforming the way people create beautiful performance reports and access timely business insights. We’re a small company with a global footprint, the feel of a scale-up and were recently named in The Australian’s inaugural list of 100 top innovators for 2021.
At Fathom, Product Managers research, strategise and collaborate with engineering & design to deliver our flagship product and help our customers build better businesses. A pivotal function of the Fathom product team, Product Management spans across the entire lifecycle of new feature development.
There are many tasks/responsibilities that fall under this role, but the core role is to facilitate the process from discovery to delivery, for thoughtful user-centric product outcomes that tread the balance of user needs, business objectives & technical constraints.
This is a talented group of designers, engineers, business analysts and product specialists who love to collaborate, including people who are recognised as leading practitioners in their respective crafts. This is an opportunity to join them and contribute to the quality, value and functionality of a modern web application in a period of rapid growth.
If this sounds like you - we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing:
Your work will vary from week-to-week, but could include, as an example:
- Translating the product direction and strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes.
- Planning & facilitating customer research (via interviews & surveys), and utilise these insights to drive customer-centric product development
- Working closely with internal teams to understand customer sentiment, needs, wants & frustrations, as well as tempering this perspective with your own data (qualitative & quantitative)
- Providing feature leadership and management to ensure smooth delivery of product, and happy teams
- Working closely with engineering and design to groom backlogs and line up sprints
- Working at the coalface by participating in customer interactions (webinars, support, research)
- Monitoring key product metrics, and utilise data observations in product decision making
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years experience working as a Product Manager in a SAAS organisation
- Ability to prioritise opportunities by weighing business and customer needs in decision making
- Proven track record for driving positive customer solutions through deep advocacy and clever problem solving
- A practical understanding of Agile development and product delivery lifecycle
- Experience with tools like Jira, ProductBoard & Coda
- Australian/NZ citizen or a permanent resident (visa sponsorship is not offered for this role)
- Experience or a background in accounting is a bonus but not required for the role
What you’re all about:
- Customer focused - you obsess over the details of our customers experience, and think outside the box to anticipate the needs of users
- You love breaking down complex problems into their simplest form to achieve elegant solutions
- You're a self-starter who can identify improvement opportunities within the team and see things through to delivery
- Deeply analytical, you’re inquisitive and question potential conclusions and assumptions to form well rounded team solutions
What’s on offer:
This is an opportunity to work with a fun and talented team in a supportive environment. There are plenty of lunch options and we enjoy taking lunch together most days. There will often be a game of basketball, frisbee or grid-iron passing taking place.
You will have access to:
- Some of the best designers, developers and engineers in Brisbane collaborating together in a modern, light-filled office.
- A competitive salary with opportunities to progress in a growing team
- Great back support with a Herman Miller Aeron Chair
- The latest tech
- Unlimited espresso coffee, fresh fruit
- A convenient walk to daycare, schools, park, gym, shopping centre, medical centre
- Free parking and an easy commute against the traffic
Apply for this position:
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter as well as any additional supporting information.