Fathom is transforming the way people create beautiful performance reports and access timely business insights. We’re a small company with a global footprint, the feel of a scale-up and were recently named in The Australian’s inaugural list of 100 top innovators for 2021.
At Fathom, Product Designers work to research, strategise & meticulously craft every detail of our flagship product to help our customers build better businesses.
We appreciate designers who can think deeply, speak clearly, and love collaboration and feedback.
Our team includes developers and designers who are recognised as leading practitioners in their respective crafts. For the right person, this is an opportunity to join a design focused team and influence the growth and aesthetic of our flagship product.
A Senior Product Designer at Fathom will:
- Work as an integral member of the Fathom product team
- Develop a deep knowledge of our users and their goals
- Utilise and actively contribute to the Fathom Design System
- Collaborate closely with our development teams to deliver high quality outcomes into our product
- Plan & facilitate UX research tasks, including user interviews, usability testing & surveys
- Synthesise, present and utilise user research findings to a high level
- Identify & present ideas for new design initiatives, product features, and other opportunities
- Work with various internal stakeholders to facilitate design outcomes for initiatives across Fathom
- Demonstrate a commitment to ongoing active skill development
What we’re looking for:
- Strong fundamental skills in typography, colour and layout
- A strong, creative, digital portfolio
- Ability to solve interaction problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with the tools of the trade (ie. Figma, etc.)
- Good working knowledge of UX concepts and processes
- Prior experience in designing for software or Fintech would be a significant plus
- Australian/NZ citizen or a permanent resident (visa sponsorship is not offered for this role)
What you’re all about:
- You’re passionate about coming up with innovative designs and solving problems
- You sweat the small stuff, and demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- You’re a self-learner with a passion for staying up-to-date on emerging design trends
- You’re an excellent problem solver, skillful with your tools and able to apply yourself to a broad range of design tasks
What’s on offer:
This is an opportunity to work with a fun and talented team in a supportive environment. There are plenty of lunch options and we enjoy taking lunch together most days. There will often be a game of basketball, frisbee or grid-iron passing taking place.
You will have access to:
- Some of the best designers, developers and engineers in Brisbane collaborating together in a modern, light-filled office.
- A competitive salary with opportunities to progress in a growing team
- Great back support with a Herman Miller Aeron Chair
- The latest tech - Macbooks, iMacs are how we roll
- Unlimited espresso coffee, fresh fruit
- A convenient walk to daycare, schools, park, gym, shopping centre, medical centre
- Free parking and an easy commute against the traffic